Friday, March 6, 2009

precious moments

So my big kids are watching Mary Poppins for the first time, and they are really enjoying it. It's seriously past bedtime, and QL is having a hard time keeping it together, but still I feel kind of mushy inside about sharing this with them. Husband's on the road, so I'm trying to make things extra special so we don't get caught up in missing him.

QL wrote her letter today all by herself, and I was sooo surprised! We were making a birthday card for Aunt K and a thank you card for grandma and grandpa. IW was writing out the cards so QL wanted to as well. I kind of put her off, thinking to myself that she can't write. I wrote her whole name for her to copy, which she was positively displeased about, and proceeded to write Qs all down the rest of the page. I was SO proud of her! I had no idea. The letters were nearly perfect.

Yesterday, IW asked me what God's name was. I told him all the different names that God goes by in the Bible, thinking to myself that this was a huge moment and hoping that I wouldn't botch it. When I had finished, he said "and Jesus is God's name too, right Mamma?" Good stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment