This is my first daybook entry! Go here to join in!
Outside my window... it's gray. It's been raining for several days now so everything seems fresh and clean. Except for the muddy dogs!
I am thinking... about my homeschool methods. What is the best way for our family? Is there such a thing as "best way"?
I am thankful... that Husband has to be away from home only 3 days this week.
In the kitchen... not much happening here! : ) My lovely and wonderful neighbor gave us smore's bars mix for Christmas, so I'm hoping to bake those up today or tomorrow.
I am wearing... my very favorite comfy clothes.
I am creating... lists. Always lists. Lists of things to cook, things to fix around the house, chores to be done, lessons to be covered, appointments to be made. I spend more time making lists than completing the tasks on them. There's something to think about.
I am going... nowhere today, and am so excited about it. We ran for 3 days straight this weekend, which is a bit much for folks who rarely go anywhere but church and to the store.
I am wondering... how to get seed catalogs, and whether or not I can grow some things organically in containers this spring.
I am reading... One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp, and Teach Your Own by John Holt
I am hoping... for Husband to get a new job.
I am looking forward to... our field trip this week!
I am learning... how to be grateful in all places and for all things. I'm a slow learner.
Around the house... learning, playing, messes. Joyful messes (mostly).
I am pondering... changing my routine. Really, it's less about pondering and more about self-discipline.
A favorite quote for today... Ahhh. I have 2, both from Jamie at Steady Mom, who posted at Simple Homeschool last year for the Day in the Life of series. One's short. One's not. Read on.
One of my favorite things... seeing a highchair in the corner of my kitchen again. We put it there this weekend, and I swear every time I see it my heart swells a little. Is that weird?
A few plans for the rest of the week: a real life play date, with a family that actually lives near us. God sure has his own timing.
A peek into my day...
Outside my window... it's gray. It's been raining for several days now so everything seems fresh and clean. Except for the muddy dogs!
I am thinking... about my homeschool methods. What is the best way for our family? Is there such a thing as "best way"?
I am thankful... that Husband has to be away from home only 3 days this week.
In the kitchen... not much happening here! : ) My lovely and wonderful neighbor gave us smore's bars mix for Christmas, so I'm hoping to bake those up today or tomorrow.
I am wearing... my very favorite comfy clothes.
I am creating... lists. Always lists. Lists of things to cook, things to fix around the house, chores to be done, lessons to be covered, appointments to be made. I spend more time making lists than completing the tasks on them. There's something to think about.
I am going... nowhere today, and am so excited about it. We ran for 3 days straight this weekend, which is a bit much for folks who rarely go anywhere but church and to the store.
I am wondering... how to get seed catalogs, and whether or not I can grow some things organically in containers this spring.
I am reading... One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp, and Teach Your Own by John Holt
I am hoping... for Husband to get a new job.
I am looking forward to... our field trip this week!
I am learning... how to be grateful in all places and for all things. I'm a slow learner.
Around the house... learning, playing, messes. Joyful messes (mostly).
I am pondering... changing my routine. Really, it's less about pondering and more about self-discipline.
A favorite quote for today... Ahhh. I have 2, both from Jamie at Steady Mom, who posted at Simple Homeschool last year for the Day in the Life of series. One's short. One's not. Read on.
- "I believe my main goal should be to nurture the relationships in our home. When relationships flourish, I find that the academic side of learning naturally springs forth in an unforced way."
- "If there’s one thing I’ve learned over the years, it’s that the secret of a good day is … me. I try to keep in mind this quote by German writer Johann Wolfgang von Goethe:
“I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate. It is my daily mood that makes the weather. I possess tremendous power to make life miserable or joyous.
I know, right?!?!?!
I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration, I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis is escalated or de-escalated, and a person is humanized or de-humanized.
If we treat people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat people as they ought to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming.”"
One of my favorite things... seeing a highchair in the corner of my kitchen again. We put it there this weekend, and I swear every time I see it my heart swells a little. Is that weird?
A few plans for the rest of the week: a real life play date, with a family that actually lives near us. God sure has his own timing.
A peek into my day...
| Em: my sea creature loving, independent playing boy wonder. |
Your day sounds a lot like mine! :) I love that second quote! Isn't it the truth!!!!! Let me know if you use the chore chart and find it successful! Many blessings!
ReplyDeleteHey Tasha! Yes, all those pics of the books were indeed from our home! I'm an avid book collector! Which is why I decided that this is the year to read a bunch of those books I've bought and haven't read yet!
ReplyDeleteI read your "Bookworm" post out loud to my husband and he just kept laughing at all our similarities....we're soul sisters! Neither he nor his parents are avid readers, so I think the sheer volume of books in every nook and cranny is a bit overwhelming to him at times. He bought me a kindle a couple years ago to help curb that; I'm not sure that it actually worked! I've kind of had to cut myself off from buying any more new books for a while, unless of course I find that rare gem. That doesn't really count. :)
Delete