I love to plan. I love lists. I love organization. But for some reason, every plan I've made for schooling the kids has kind of gone to the wayside. There has either been too much structure, or just not enough. This just doesn't work with my SIMPLIFY and FOCUS themes. So, a few weeks ago I ordered the Planning Your Charlotte Mason Education in 5 Simple Steps workbook. This book is awesome!!!! It has taken me from shaky legs and wobbly knees to chin up and walking tall down the beginning path of our homeschool. The steps take you from planning your overall outlook for all 12 years of schooling, to what you're going to be doing on a week-to-week basis your next school term! Great right?!?!?! I got the package that included the DVD, but when I first began, I decided to just work through the book on my own. I mean, who has time, and the peace and quiet, to sit and watch a DVD with little kids running around? I got to about step 3 and, feeling proud, set it aside to finish later. A couple of weeks later, I got it out of the bottom of the pile of books on the buffet, popped the DVD in, and started over at the beginning, having lost the papers that I had copied and already filled out. : ) All I can say is, what a difference the DVD makes! I got through the beginning without it, but doing the planning again with the video made the job less arduous for sure. I HIGHLY recommend this resource to anyone who gets a little sweaty thinking about planning out your year. This made it easy peasy! I also get to SIMPLIFY and get rid of a bunch of curriculum resources that I now know I won't be needing. Can I get a YAY!!!!!!!
For the record, I don't think you have to pursue a Charlotte Mason education to find this planning guide useful. It will work for any resources you choose to use!
Oh, and by the way, Simply Charlotte Mason also has some great curriculum resources. I love them, but that's another post. Kids running around and what-not!
No comments:
Post a Comment