Friday, October 1, 2010

Okay well, nothing new or exciting to post.  Husband's on his way home from Florida today, and three out of the four of us home are under the weather.  We've taken sick days the last two days, and next week is our scheduled week off.  Actually, this week was our scheduled week off, but since we're traveling next week I bumped it.  I'm grateful that I had the good sense to schedule breaks every 5 weeks, because we are going to need this time to play catch up, but we'll also be able to enjoy visiting with family without me stressing about lessons.  We're taking the RV for this trip, which means I'm really going to have to be picky about what we take.  I'm feeling awfully grateful for my Kindle and laptop; these should really help cut down on the books I have to bring.
I guess feeling sick and crummy can really make you realize what you're grateful for!

Oh, I turn 30 on Monday!  I always thought that this birthday would be some big extravaganza, but instead we'll be couch-surfing at Husband's parent's house, which is the mid-way point between home and Nebraska.  I am glad I'll get to spend the big birthday with family, but I am a little disappointed that we won't be going to Yellowstone, or a swanky dinner followed by a museum tour, or any of the other awesome things we've talked about doing. 
Family, a couple of beers, and Monday night football.  Pretty sure that's what's in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment