Thursday, May 31, 2012

more ch-ch-ch-changes!

Soooo, I'm feeling a bit humbled at the moment.  

We had planned to school through the summer and actually started our new plan a couple of weeks ago.  As I said, I got sick and actually lost my voice, which put an end to our read alouds for the week.  Then we had QL's kindergarten graduation, which took a bit of prep time and focus from me.  My voice was MIA for most of the next week, but we did manage to finish up our lessons from the week before.  

This past weekend was Em's 4th birthday, and we had company in from out of state that stayed through yesterday.  So, while we should have been beginning Week 3 of our lesson plans this week, we have done no schooling, and had we done any, we would have only been on Week 2! 

(For the record, I don't regret 1 second of missing lessons this week to spend time with my BFF and her son.  Relationships first.  Always.)

I'm still not at 100% health-wise.  I don't know what in the world is going on with me.  Either I have out of control allergies or a nasty cold that won't release it's grip on me.

AAAAANNNNNDDDD, the new job that we have been hoping and praying that Husband would get seems to be right around the corner.  Of course I'm trying hard not to count my chickens before they hatch, but this job has been all but promised to Husband.  There are a total of 3 positions available, all the same, but in 3 different locations.  (The jobs will be officially posted in the next week or so, so keep your fingers crossed for us!)

This job will be a huge blessing for our family.  But it's also going to mean a big move.  And now that this process is finally starting, it seems like maybe the next few weeks need to be spent working on our house, getting it ready to sell, just in case.  Because if Husband does get this job, I want our family to go with him.  I don't want the kids and I to be sitting here in a house that isn't ready to sell while Husband is away working.  The whole point of this new job is to put an end to that! 


So, it seems that after all of my well laid plans, we are going to be taking at least some of the summer off.  The kids are excited, which is nice.  We're still going to work on math and reading because I don't want to lose ground in those areas, and we all do better with some semblance of structure.


While these changes do indeed ruffle my Type-A feathers, I am grateful that God's timing is better than mine, and am excited to see how all of this is going to play out!

1 comment: