Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hello there, and a bazillion pictures!

So, I realize I've been gone a while.  Life is crazy, isn't it?

I've been planning on posting some pictures of what we've been up to, so I guess now's as good a time as any.

We've been busy.  Busy visiting friends, going on playdates and mini-vacations, and I went to my first homeschool convention! (WOOT WOOT!)

I am now a member of our homeschool support group's advisory board (how cool is that?!?!), and we've got some exciting things in the works, so that's using up some of my focus.


I've also been spending some of my time and energy mentoring some new-to-homeschooling moms.  

And I've been busy being a friend.

My neighbor and friend has a 16 year old son who is getting ready to have a pretty serious surgery, and she has been on my mind constantly.

And then I have a friend, who is rapidly becoming a dear, dear friend, who is treading the murky waters of a divorce.  And my heart aches for her. every. day.

I am one of those people who feels others' feelings.  I feel your happy.  I rejoice in your joy.  And when your heart is broken, mine is in pieces too.  Sometimes I really wish I was not this way.  It can be exhausting, and confusing to others.  But the older I've gotten, the more I've realized that this ability to empathize has made me a better shoulder and friend.  

And this friend, well.....she's just amazing.  Beautiful.  Smart. Funny.  Godly.   Motivated.  Supportive.  A great mother.  I really could go on and on.  She impresses and inspires me.  And her getting a divorce kind of freaks me out, if I'm telling the truth.

But enough of that.
Here are some cute faces to lighten the mood!  So far this summer (in no particular order, because that's WAY to much work!) we've.......


QL had kindergarten graduation!

Em turned 4!

They're just cute, so they made the cut!

Octonauts Kwazii cake

I discovered Instagram!  : )

We went berry picking with friends!



Jo walked in shoes for the first time!

We took a long drive for a short visit with an old friend!


we played outside!


Sprinkler fun!

Love this girl!


Sisters!

My BFF and her little fella came to visit! (Can you tell a kid took this pic?!?!)

I got a haircut! (plus, I just really like this picture!)
This guy lost BOTH of his front teeth!

the kids all got to ride in a big green tractor!


We visited our friend's property.  Do you see that tree?!?!  *swoon*  I LOVE Spanish moss!

we visited the farm.......

.......and the pond!




we went to the science center




the big kids and I slept in a tent on the back porch


we took turns telling "scary" stories!


Husband and I celebrated 8 years of marriage!
We went and saw animatronic dinosaurs.  Yes, I really am that big of an idiot!

1 part dinosaurs, 3 parts junk to waste your money on!  The kids loved it!





This was my favorite part: the fountain/pond outside the center where they had the dinosaurs!

My family, all in one place at one time.  My heart was happy!

On top of all this fun stuff, I've been sorting and decluttering, planning for our next year of lessons, and addressing heart issues (always!), both theirs and mine.
We're still waiting to see what's going to happen with the job situation, but after a pretty serious episode of anxiety over it, I've laid it at God's feet and honestly I try not to think about it.  
One day at a time, right?

I hope you all are having a great summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment