Sunday, June 13, 2010

BOOKS!!!

Do you love the new layout?!?!?!?!  My heart skipped a beat when I first saw it!  I thought is was especially fitting as I got to go scour a thrift shop and a used book shop this Friday and found some real gems!



 This particular book was my favorite find.  It has a 1925 copyright date, and a $2.00 price tag.  I really, really, REALLY love books, but old books have a tendency to make me feel all warm and fuzzy.  I LOVE the inscription written inside:


I love that it was a gift from a teacher to her student!  And I can't help but take note of the fact that if a teacher gave this book to her student as a gift today, there would be an outrage.  But not in our little school! : )

1 comment:

  1. I too love old books and especially when found for a steal of a deal! But what is most remarkable about this post is the inscription, for sure! Love it and yet grieve the cultural difference today. I hope Clara Kurtzman has an heritage of fruitfulness thanks in part to the love shown her by Mrs. Mellor!

    To God by the glory. :)

    ReplyDelete