I've learned the hard way that making a long list of resolutions at the beginning of the year just doesn't work for me. That being said, I do think that setting a few goals at any point is a good idea. There is a possibility of some pretty big changes in store for our family in the coming months, so I'm trying to keep that in mind moving forward. Flexibility is not my strongest attribute! : )
Goals for myself:
feel like hope that the more the kids see me reading and pursuing knowledge because I enjoy it, the more they will do the same.
The one area that I do want to do a little more "formal" study in is character development. I'm working on a plan for that, and when I figure out what I'm going to do, I'll post about it.
Goals for myself:
- to get back to exercising on a regular basis
- to get back to getting up before the kids, and doing my bible study
- have a garage sale in the spring, getting rid of everything that doesn't have a purpose or bring happiness
- read more for fun
- spend more time learning for myself
- be braver. There are so many things that I don't even attempt to do b/c I don't know what I'm doing, or I'm afraid that I won't do it well. This permeates every area of my life. This is not the example I want to set for my children (especially my perfectionist IW), and I don't want to wallow in regrets when I'm old and wrinkly.
- to explore fun things locally (ie, state parks, museums, zoos, etc.)
- to spend more time playing games, instead of watching tv, Wii, DS, etc.
The one area that I do want to do a little more "formal" study in is character development. I'm working on a plan for that, and when I figure out what I'm going to do, I'll post about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment