Monday, February 20, 2012

Daybook and prayer requests

Do you want to do a daybook?????  Go here to join in!

Outside my window...  it's dark, and cold.  Bedtime, in fact.
I am thinking...  about my dear friend K, who recently found out that her husband wants to end their marriage.  They have 4 children, the youngest two (a set of twins) being a year old.  She is a homeschooling mother, and also the administrator for our cover school.  If you are reading this, please say a prayer for K, her husband and their children. (thank you)
I am thankful...    for so many things.  Especially for my marriage, which could also use your prayers, specifically that God will bring my family back together under one roof, even if it means Husband has to find a new job.  (thank you)
In the kitchen...   tonight I made mini-pizzas on english muffins.  The kids love this, and I love their excitement over something so simple!  This week I'm going to try some new Amish Friendship bread recipes.
I am wearing...     jeans, t-shirt, and my favorite comfy socks.
I am creating...   lesson plans, which makes me happy.  (nerd alert)
I am going...   to drink a glass of wine and read myself to sleep.  No TV tonight.
I am wondering...  how a couple, whose lives are dedicated to service and ministry can become divided and end in divorce.  I know that we only see things from the outside, but this breaks my heart and makes me afraid.
I am reading...  Mindset for Moms by Jamie, who also authors the blog Steady Mom and is editor of Simple Homeschool (love).  Also reading Jeremiah 29:11 (over and over and over).  This verse, or a reference to it, seemed to be everywhere I looked, so I took the hint and wrote it down.
I am hoping...  for good, deep, restful sleep. 
I am looking forward to...  March 11th, which is when Husband is supposed to be done with his current campaign, which God willing will be his last one away from home. (keep those prayers coming)
I am learning...   that progress happens in baby steps, over time.  I've heard this; I've read this.  I am recognizing it and knowing it for the first time.  It's very freeing.
Around the house...  gifts from some dear friends at church, for the tiny people, are sprawled.  Nothing touches me deeper than when others love my children.
I am pondering...  a way to serve and love K.  I know what it's like to be in the thick of it (it presents itself in many ways), and to feel alone and lonely.  I don't want anyone to ever feel that way.
A favorite quote for today...   "Abiding is our obligation; fruitfulness is God’s concern. The True Vine is the Author, the Source and the Finisher of our faith. We should be seeking His fellowship, and leaving the fruit to Him."  From this site.   I hope I remember to remember this.
One of my favorite things...  this isn't really a "thing", but IW cuddled with our dog on the couch tonight.  Honest to goodness, this is the first time this child has EVER snuggled a pet, and it warmed my heart.  (He's afraid of animals, generally speaking.)
A few plans for the rest of the week...  dogs to the vet tomorrow for routine business, and we're supposed to have a social engagement this Saturday, which I just can't seem to muster any enthusiasm for.  
A peek into my day...  

This gorgeous girl has starting sitting, crawling and giving kisses this week!




4 comments:

  1. Very sweet post, especially love the baby pic:) Said little prayer for your family and for your friend. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And, believe it or not, she is ALWAYS smiling, so this picture is especially funny to me.

      Delete
  2. Sending prayers your way. Hoping to make it back soon to read more. Following you on GFC. Great bible verse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your prayers, and thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a great week!

      Delete