Do you want to do a
daybook????? Go here to
join in!
Outside my window... lovely
sunshine!
I am thinking... about lent. I want to do something for
lent. I grew up Catholic, but now attend the Lutheran church. I'm
used to observing lent by giving something up..... I want to introduce
the season of lent to my kids, and I want to observe it in a serious way this
year, but I don't quite know what that looks like yet.
I am thankful... that our
family is finally getting healthy again. It's been 13 days so far, and
now only Jo, Husband and I are under the weather, and we're on our way out of
this virus too.
In the kitchen... last
week really did a number on my meal plans. This week my goal is to buy
some frozen dinners *gasp*. I need to cut my self some slack
somewhere, and this is where it's going to be. I had bought a lot of
stuff to bake with, and if I'm going to salvage any of it, that's where my
kitchen efforts need to go this week.
I am wearing...
t-shirt, sweatpants.
I am creating... a grocery
list. I'm so uninspiring.
I am going... grocery shopping.
I am wondering... if other
people would be interested in an online book club. I would love to join a
book club, but in this season of life I just cannot commit to any outside
activities. If I can find interested people, I will try to get something
organized.
I am reading... the book
of James. This morning I read chapter 1. (He really comes out
swinging!) I'm also reading blogs. Lots of blogs. Probably
too many blogs.
I am hoping... for a calm, relaxing week.
I am looking forward to... our Valentine's party next Monday!
I am learning... the
science of baking (the differences in baking powder and soda, when to use
buttermilk, etc)!
Around the house... back to learning and living somewhat
normally. Husband's here until this evening. He's worked the last 8
days in a row, and is heading into a new week working night shift. (Did I
mention he's sick too? He was home last week for one afternoon, and
caught the bug. : / )
I am pondering... this one always trips me up.
Aren't wondering, thinking and pondering all the same thing????? I guess
I'm (still) pondering a garden. Now I'm thinking only container plants,
and adding some herbs to the mix.
A favorite quote for today... "This is fun!" -QL, when we were playing Candy Land during our special time together today.
One of my favorite things... my big dry erase board, and my one
of a kind easel that my husband had made for me for Christmas 2 years
ago! It returned to our dining room after being moved out for the
holidays, and I have missed it so!
A few plans for the rest of the
week... continue getting better. We need to make boxes for our
homeschool Valentine's Day party next week. And I need to bake up a whole
lot of goodness so I don't have to throw out my dairy and produce.
A peek into my day...
... pondering a garden ... I'm doing exactly the same thing. I figure if I keep pondering until I can buy baby plants at the nursery, it might turn into a garden. eek. Let me know if you catch a vision ... as it may also work for me, being in a similar state of pondering :)
ReplyDeletewell, last year we had a little garden....but by the end I was huge pregnant and kind of over it. This year we have a possible move coming at some point, so, while I want to grow SOMETHING, I'm not sure how wise it is. Of course, I just know if I don't plant anything we'll end up staying right where we are! ;)
ReplyDeleteI found you over the daybook and enjoyed reading your moment in time.
ReplyDeleteI grew up Lutheran and while they don't do Lent the same as the Catholics, they do nonetheless observe it. The extra services are usually worth attending.
Frozen dinners are not the end of the world. You're wise to realize your limitations and work with them.
I loved the pictures in your sidebar! Your daughter with the salamander was especially cute.
http://livingtheseasons.com/2012/02/11/daybook-entry-february-11/
Nancy
Thank you for your sweet encouragement!!! I am wanting to attend our Lenten services, but a series of circumstances right now are probably going to prevent that from happening. I'm putting together some thoughts and plans though!
ReplyDeleteHope your having a great weekend!